Monday, April 8, 2013

 After years of planning the trail, and things getting in the way, I put the idea out of my mind. There were too many things in life to keep the hope alive. The idea became one of those dreams that you like to think about on occasion.
 After my long term job closed, I moved back into the family home, where my mother passed, in a small town in northwest Ohio. I found a crap job, making terrible wages at a local furniture factory. Most of the money I made went to remodeling the old family home. The house had been in our family for near 100 years, and was in desperate need of a little T.L.C.
 It was early in February, a dear friend of mine had just passed away, when I realized that dreams are not meant to be left in the back of your mind. You have to take a chance, throw caution to the wind, and give them a try.
 When I returned home that afternoon my friend from down the street was knocking on the door. She was as young single mother, living at home with her father. For several years she had talked about how she was ready to give things a try on her own. She hoped to find a place to make a home for her two children and get out from under her daddy's wing. In my grief I started rambling on about dreams and making them happen, and before you know it she had agreed to rent our family home so I would have a chance to make my dream come true. She paid three months up front, and I was on my way to the Appalachian trail.

Are you a low income family? Please visit this site to find information on low cost mammograms.

CDC's National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP) provides access to breast and cervical cancer screening services to underserved women in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, 5 U.S. territories, and 11 tribes.


http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/nbccedp/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment