Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Inspiration



  Have you ever hit that point where you zoned out, and time had no meaning or place with your thoughts? Have you been so stoned that you were thinking of nothing for an indeterminate amount of time? This is where my mind was.

  A good day of hiking will give you ample time to contemplate. When you are out by yourself in the woods for many hours with no particular place you have to be, your thoughts will wander. You may be figuring out the answers to the universe, or simply wondering what brought that stick to lie in middle of the trail. It really doesn’t matter what is occupying your mind, it is the freedom of thought that fills your mind. It is a wonderful feeling. You can expect to have it more often as time goes by.

  For most of the early hike I would travel mostly alone. There were always times that I would meet someone new and even hike with them for a few hours. It was great to have some interaction with others just to see how much they were enjoying, or despising their own hike. It was a window into someone else’s lifestyle without caring where their story would lead. Whoever they were, wherever they came from did not matter, only that they were safe, and in good health. It is truly amazing to see mankind in this kind of environment.



  It had been a day since I had left my hat and gloves behind. I spent the night in the shelter, had breakfast and packed everything to go. The air was a little crisp so I put on my hat and gloves, hiked for a couple of hours and stopped for a break. The air had warmed a bit so I laid my hat and gloves to the side and eventually left them behind. Emergency calls to my ground support, my sister, telling her to send some in the next maildrop.

  A few hours of hiking and I was over the hill and on my way to Hiawassee and a fantastic St. Patty’s Day.



5 things a woman should know about Breast Cancer: HERE
Living for something more than the almighty dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment